1.30.2011

the inner workings of a shellfish


i thought the title of this little blog needed some explaining. when i was younger, i was super shy... and maybe i still am but God had just done something powerful in me. i can remember when i was younger, my teachers would all say the same thing at every parent-teacher interview "...sarah is so sweet but painful timid. we'd love to see her come out of her shell a bit more." and so i thought this blog would be a great idea for me to share a little bit about what goes on inside that shell. i was inspired by my husband's favourite artist Tom Waits (he's definitely an acquired taste). a line from one of his stranger songs was "what's he building in there?". so much goes on inside that God never gets credit for. He has done incredible things in me, in my family, in my marriage, in my church, in my community, in my city. Very rarely is there a "suddenly", but usually there has been a process of tweaking, breaking, building behind the scenes. and so here's the deep work of God that he has begun and will see through to completion!

1 comment:

  1. I'd always liked and wondered how you came up with this title for your blog. It felt mysterious, yet meaningful. Now I know the meaning behind the mystery, and I like it even more!

    ReplyDelete