5.13.2012

happy mother's day

"how in the world can a woman become a Mother & rightly raise up a child - unless by a miracle of the Father?"
 {ann voskamp}

because being a good mother is all about knowing the perfect Father.
in the young days of my motherhood, i feared i would mess it all up. that a mother's day would come when i wouldn't get a card or a call.  that a day would come when my kids would resent me for all my imperfections. that my humility wouldn't be enough to heal the wounds i had inevitably inflicted.
but then i heard Him whisper to my fears... just find refuge in me, the Perfect Father.  the perfect parent. and they will follow.  just point them toward me & in me, they will find all that they need.  all lack melts away in My presence.  all criticism dissolves, for I am the perfectly extravagant, loving Father.  and in me nothing is lost, nothing is wasted. 
because being a good mother is all about knowing the perfect Father.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely needed to read this. I've been feeling this way SO much lately...
    Thanks for the reminder. :)

    - Brittany Brydson

    ReplyDelete